Who is Eligible for the HMGP Grant to elevate their home?

Road Home applicants who chose option 1, and acknowledged interest prior to March 10, 2010 are eligible for the HMGP grant.

Who is Eligible for SRL Program?

Homeowners who have at least four NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) claims with payments over $5,000 each and the cumulative amount of such claims payments exceeds $20,000, or for which at least 2 separate claims payments have been made with the cumulative amount of the building portion of such claims exceeding the market value of the building. Or, at least two of the referenced claims must have occurred within any ten year period and must be greater than 10 days apart.

How Long does it take to secure SRL funding?

This really depends on the funding amount the parish has.

Is it too late to apply for Road Home?

Yes. The last day to apply to The Road Home program was July 31, 2007.

How long does it take to get a Mitigation Analyst Assigned?

There is no definite timeline here, it depends on when the homeowner submitted the VPA before the deadline.

If I received the Road Home Elevation Award ($30,000) am I automatically eligible to receive a State HMGP Award?

No, eligibility for the State HMGP Award is determined by the BFE (Base Flood elevation).

What is ICC (Increase cost of Compliance)?

It is an additional $30,000 award granted by the Nation Flood Insurance Program. The community that the home is in has to determine that the damage caused by flooding will cost 50% or more than the value of the home itself. The homeowner has to have a letter of substantial damage regarding this.

How high must I elevate my home?

That depends on the base flood elevation.

What Properties are eligible for the grant program?

Road Home applicants who chose option 1.

What is “FEMA clearance”?

FEMA reviews the property for cost effectiveness as well as historical and environmental issues. If no issues exist, the property is approved or “cleared” for the program. Normally, work started before receiving FEMA clearance disqualifies the property from HMGP funding.

Does the Program include extras Such as: Driveways, Fences or Landscaping?

This depends on the pre-existing condition of the house.

Do you have to be registered with Road Home to qualify?

Yes, for the state grant.

Can I still qualify if I purchased my home after hurricane Katrina?

Only if at the time of the act of sale, the Road Home number was transferred over.


Contact Details

824 Dakin Street - New Orleans, LA 70121

Tel: 504.269.9909 - Toll-free: 1.855.768.2466 - Fax: 504.269.3551

Email: roubion@roubioninc.com